You can report information to the Commissioner if it is about:

  • improper conduct
  • by a public body or public officer
  • that has occurred, is occurring, or is intended to occur

provided the information is:

  • truthful to the best of your knowledge

and provided the matter is not:

  • primarily an employment or personal grievance
  • primarily a complaint about a legitimate policy decision.

To learn more about what these terms mean, you can click on each one for a legal definition. Alternatively, for an explanation in plain English, visit the Training section of our website and complete Training Module B1: What can I report?